Terms and Conditions of Service
Terms of Service - ANP website and Apps
31 December 2014
PLEASE READ THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING, REGISTERING TO USE OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU (“YOU” OR THE “USER”) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE.
AOTA Foundation Limited, a public company limited by guarantee (non-profit) registered in Australia (ACN 163 119 999), trading as The Alternative News Project (ANP), owns and operates this website.
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between User and ANP, and supersedes any and all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein ANP (including but not limited to any prior versions of this Agreement).
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE. ANP provides each User with various publishing and community services, including but not limited to the capability to post links and comments to a webpage (the “Services”). Unless stated otherwise, any new features that enhance or otherwise change the current Services shall be subject to this Agreement.
3. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE AND TERMS OF SERVICE. ANP reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Services with or without notice to User. ANP shall not be liable to User or any third party should ANP exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Service. ANP also may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement from time to time. Changes in the terms and conditions of this Agreement will be incorporated in the Agreement posted at http://www.AlternativeNewsProject.org/terms/. User’s continued use of the Services constitutes agreement by User to abide and be bound by this Agreement and any modifications to this Agreement.
5. CONTENT OWNERSHIP. Unless stated otherwise on the ANP website, User will retain copyright ownership and all related rights for information he or she authors and publishes through ANP or otherwise enters into the ANP Services. In exchange for the publishing services provided by ANP, User agrees to grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-terminable license to ANP to use all content User publishes through ANP without further permission or remuneration, in original language or in translation, including the right to create derivative works and reuse in other media. Users are not allowed to use the ANP name in commercial activity without prior written consent of ANP.
6. CONTENT RESPONSIBILITY. User acknowledges and agrees that ANP neither endorses the contents of any User communications nor assumes responsibility for any threatening, libelous, obscene, harassing or offensive material contained therein, any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom, or any crime facilitated thereby.
This website contains links to websites maintained by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. ANP does not operate or control in any respect any information, software, products, or services available on such websites. ANP’s inclusion of a link to a website does not imply any endorsement of the services or the site, its contents, or its sponsoring organisation. If you decide to access other websites, you do so at your own risk.
7. User CONDUCT. You understand that all information, data, links, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not ANP, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, or otherwise transmit via the Services. ANP does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
8. PROMOTING PRODUCTS ON ANP. If You promote, market, or otherwise advertise (“Promote” or a “Promotion”) any product or service via any online or offline channel or medium for the purpose of earning a percentage of the sale price of any product or service (“Product”) sold as a result of such Promotion (“Commissions”), You agree, acknowledge, represent, and warrant that:
• You will not suggest or imply any endorsement by ANP, its contributors, or sponsors for the Product.
• You will not make any unlicensed or unauthorised use of or otherwise infringe or misappropriate any materials protected by any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity or other intellectual property or other proprietary right (“IP Rights”).
• You will not interfere with the normal flow of traffic to, through, or from the ANP Services.
• All communications and/or representations made by You in connection with any Promotions and/or in relation to any Product will be accurate and contain all disclosures and disclaimers necessary to prevent such Promotions from being false or deceptive. Such disclosures and disclaimers must be made in a clear and conspicuous manner, and will otherwise comply with Your country’s laws.
• You will not offer, suggest, or imply the availability of any rebates, coupons, tickets, vouchers, or similar incentives to induce or encourage the purchase of a Product.
• ANP reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review your Promotions. You agree that ANP, in its sole discretion and at any time, may demand changes to product promotion and delivery pages, customer support, or other items related to the content of Your Promotions. ANP may remove your Promotion at any time from its Service by refunding any fees paid for that Promotion.
• You will provide valid contact information, including but not limited to a working email address, where ANP can send inquiries and receive a non-automated reply by end of the following business day.
• ANP does not guarantee, or assume any responsibility or liability for, the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of any such information, nor is it responsible for any bonuses, prizes, or other incentives offered in any Promotions. Your use of any information presented by ANP does not guarantee, or assume any responsibility or liability for, the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of any such information, nor is it responsible for any bonuses, prizes, or other incentives offered in any Promotions. Your use of any information presented by a Promoter is strictly at your own risk. In no event shall ANP have any liability for your purchase or use of a Product or Service Promoted on ANP.
• Promotion is voluntary, and your reliance is at your own risk. ANP does not independently review or verify information provided in any Promotion for accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness. You acknowledge and understand that ANP does not verify statements, claims, incentives, or promotions made by Promotions.
9. CONTENT SUBMITTED TO ANP. ANP does not claim ownership of the Content or links you place on your ANP page. ANP may quote or reproduce your content (if you have made it public), in whole or in part, in order to promote your ANP page and/or the ANP Services. You acknowledge that ANP does not pre-screen Content or links, but that ANP and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content or links that are available via the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, ANP and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content or links that violate this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content and links, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content and links.
10. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold ANP, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your Content or links, your use of the Services, your violation of the this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of another.
11. NO RESALE OF SERVICE. You agree not to sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services.
12. User ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY. Once you become a User, you shall receive a password and an account. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You may change your password at any time (to do so, go to the user profile menu option); you may also set up a new account and close an old one at your convenience. User agrees to immediately notify ANP of any unauthorised use of User’s account or any other breach of security known to User.
13. TERMINATION. You agree that ANP, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password and use of the Services, and remove and discard any Content or link within the Services, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if ANP believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. ANP may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that ANP may immediately deactivate or delete your ANP page and all related information and files in your ANP page and/or bar any further access to such files or the Services. Further, you agree that ANP shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Services.
14. ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS. ANP runs advertisements and promotions on ANP pages. By creating your ANP page, you agree that ANP has the right to run such advertisements and promotions. You also agree that you will not attempt to block or otherwise interfere with advertisements displayed on your ANP page by any means. Doing so is grounds for immediate termination of the Services. The manner, mode, and extent of advertising by ANP on your ANP page is subject to change. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that ANP shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services.
15. ANP PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. You acknowledge and agree that the Services and any necessary software used in connection with the Services (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Services or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by ANP or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Services or the Software, in whole or in part.
16. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. User EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT USER’S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ANP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR MAKES ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT User’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT User WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO User’S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. ANP MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY User FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. ANP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF User’S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF User HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
18. STORAGE AND OTHER LIMITATIONS. ANP assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store information entered into ANP. ANP retains the right, at ANP’ sole discretion, to determine whether or not User’s conduct is consistent with the letter and spirit of this Agreement and may terminate Services if a User’s conduct is found to be inconsistent with this Agreement.
19. NOTICE. All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. ANP may distribute notices or messages through the Services to inform User of changes to this Agreement, the Services, or other matters of importance; such distribution shall constitute notices to User.
20. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that a violation or attempted violation of this Agreement will cause such damage to ANP as will be irreparable, the exact amount of which would be difficult to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. Accordingly, you agree that ANP shall be entitled as a matter of right to an injunction issued by any court of competent jurisdiction, restraining such violation or attempted violation of these terms and conditions by you, or your affiliates, partners, or agents, as well as recover from you any and all costs and expenses sustained or incurred by ANP in obtaining such an injunction, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees. You agree that no bond or other security shall be required in connection with such injunction.
21. LAWS. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Queensland, Australia. You and ANP agree to submit to the exclusive personal and subject matter jurisdiction and venue of the courts located within Queensland.
22. GENERAL INFORMATION. If any provision(s) of this Agreement are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect. ANP’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by ANP in writing. User and ANP agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to these Services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The section titles in this Agreement are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or other services, third-party content or third-party software. If ANP takes any action to enforce this Agreement, ANP, if the prevailing party, will be entitled to recover from you, and you agree to pay, all reasonable and necessary attorneys’ fees and any cost of litigation, in addition to any other relief, at law or in equity, to which ANP may be entitled.
24. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK. Website copyright notice: Copyright (c) 2014 AOTA Foundation Limited. All rights reserved.
This website is the copyrighted property of ANP and various third party providers and distributors (“Suppliers”).
ANP and AlternativeNewsProject.org are a service marks of AOTA Foundation Ltd. Other product, service and company names used on this website are registered and common law trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of such trademarks. Unauthorised use of this Web site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials, and you must not alter, obscure, or obliterate any of such notices.
25. Notice of Infringement: If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any Content or links on this website, please see our Copyright Policy and Infringement Notification, which will inform you how to submit a notification by email, mail or by filling out and submitting the form provided.
Alternative News Project (ANP) - Apps
License to Service
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to download and install one (1) copy of the Application to your mobile device, and to access and use the Service, solely for your own personal use. You may not: (i) copy, modify or distribute the Application for any purpose; transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the Application or the Service to any third party; decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works of the Application or the Service; (iv) make the functionality of the Application or the Service available to multiple users through any means; or (v) use the Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms.
Third Party Content and Services
The Service contains Content provided by third party services and resources ("Third Party Services"). You acknowledge and agree that AOTA Foundation Ltd t/a ANP are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such Third Party Services; or (ii) the content, products, or services available on or through such Third Party Services. The availability of such Third Party Services does not imply any endorsement by us of such Third Party Services or the content, products, or services available therefrom. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use or reliance of any Third Party Services.
If you breach any of the terms of these Terms, we have the right to suspend or disable your access to or use of the Application and/or Service.
Use of the Service at Your Own Risk
Your access to and use of the Service is at your own risk. By using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, unreliable, offensive, harmful or otherwise inappropriate material.
Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Service.
You understand and agree that the Application and the Service are provided to you "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Without limiting the foregoing, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Application or the Service will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality of any products, services or Content provided through the Service or the accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content provided through the Service.
Limitation of Liability
OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE APPLICATION. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR
USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APPLICATION AND/OR SERVICE; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE; AND
(iv) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT AHA HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Copyright Policy and Infringement Notification
AlternativeNewsProject.org (“we,” “ANP”, “us,” “our”) respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires, as stated in the Terms and Conditions of Use, that others who use the AlternativeNewsProject.org website or any of our affiliated websites (each, a “Site”) do the same. If you are the holder of a copyright and believe in good faith that your work has been reproduced on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify our designated copyright agent (our “Copyright Agent”) and provide the information outlined below:
Copyright Infringement Notification
To file a copyright infringement notification with AlternativeNewsProject.org, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. It is best to send us the URL of each web page containing the copyrighted work.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Provide the URLs in an email to help us locate content quickly.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
To expedite our ability to process your request, such written notice should be sent to our designated agent via our online copyright complaint form below. Business Hours are M-F 10AM – 4PM AEST.
Use our Copyright Complaint Form below.
If you prefer to contact us via postal mail or email you may do so:
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages. Do not submit false claims – you may be liable for damages!Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
The process for counter-notifications is governed by Section 512(g) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: A counter-notification submitted to us must include the following specific elements: (i) identification of the specific URLs of material that we have removed or to which we have disabled access; (ii) your full name, address, telephone number, and email address, and the username of your account.; (iii) the statement: “I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of the United States, the judicial district in which ANP is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant.” (iv) the statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;” and (v) a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers who are repeat infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notification
Copyright infringement - Who is affected?
My company/organisation Another copyright owner
To submit a DMCA complaint, please complete the following required fields. Tell us about yourself:
Copyright Owner Name (Company Name if applicable)
Your Full Legal Name (Aliases, usernames or initials not accepted)
Your Title or Job Position (What is your authority to make this complaint?)
Phone; Fax; E-mail Address; Repeat E-mail Address; Street Address; City; State/Province; Country
Description of the work allegedly infringed
URL of allegedly infringing story for which the submission is being made
Which of these best describes the situation?
Detailed description of the work allegedly infringed:
By checking the following boxes, I state UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that:
I am the owner, or an agent authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
This notification is accurate.
I acknowledge that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act USA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.
Typing your full name will act as your digital signature.
I understand that abuse of this tool will result in termination of my ANP account.
31st December 2014
What information we collect
• Your email address, as well as other information about yourself (e.g. name, place of residence, phone number) you are either required to fill in or choose to disclose to us if you decide to register at AlternativeNewsProject.org or contact us using our Feedback form
• Any information about yourself you choose to make public when commenting on an ANP website
• Your list of favourite stories in the event you choose to establish one in your ANP profile
• Any information about yourself that you choose to disclose through an email sent to us
• Personal information that becomes available to us when you access our content or use our applications through third-party websites and platforms (e.g. social networks)
• Your IP address, as well as information about your browser, type of operating system, type of handheld or mobile device you are using to access ANP websites and applications
• Non-personally identifiable data collected by third parties gathering user-behaviour statistics on ANP websites for us, which includes information about the location from which our websites are accessed and information about the content viewed.
ANP websites and applications may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and controlled by third parties. Please be advised that ANP is not responsible or liable for the privacy policies of such web sources.
How we may use personal information
• To provide you our online content
• To personalise your ANP experience
• To receive feedback from you and respond to it
• To contact you about anything you may submit to ANP
• To analyse user behaviour in order to improve our web and mobile products
• To block attempts to disrupt the work of our websites and applications
• To prevent violations of ANP comment posting rules
Sharing of personal information
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by Australian law.
ANP may share personal data in the following cases:
• when transfer of personal data is effected upon consent of the owner of the data to have that personal data processed;
• when transfer of personal data is required for ANP or the third parties to exercise their legal rights and interests, or in order to achieve a significant public benefit conditional that it involves no violation to the rights and freedoms of the owner of personal data.
ANP strives to keep your personal information from being accessed by unauthorised third parties by using reasonable means to safeguard it. However, as transfer of any kind of data over the internet is never 100 per cent secure, we cannot give you any guarantees and urge you to be cautious when disclosing sensitive information.