Honey roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts with bacon
Honey Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts With Crispy Bacon Pieces in a simple 2 ingredient coating for roasting!
- 17 ounces | 500 grams butternut squash (or pumpkin), diced into 1-inch pieces
- 14 ounces | 400 grams brussels sprouts , halved
- 2 tablespoons honey (plus an addition tablespoon for after roasting, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (or olive oil)
- salt to taste
- 2 rashers of bacon , diced
Preheat oven to 390°F | 200°C. Grease a baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray, wipe over with a paper towel; set aside.
Add the butternut squash and brussels sprouts together on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with honey and melted butter (or olive oil), season with salt. Toss to evenly coat.
Arrange in an even layer and roast for 45 minutes until the sprouts are slightly charred and the squash is fork tender.
In the last 10 minutes of roasting time, pan fry the bacon pieces over medium-high heat in a small pan or skillet until crisp and cooked to your liking.
Remove squash and sprouts from oven and allow to cool slightly. Taste test at this point and add an extra drizzle of honey if you wish. Mix in the fried bacon pieces.
For the rest of this article please go to source link below.