Spinach artichoke zucchini bites
These little guys are scary addictive. Just as the zucchini becomes tender, the cheese is getting melty and delicious. If you want a little extra color on your bites, switch the oven to broil on medium and cook them a couple minutes more. (Just keep an eye on them.) For a quick party trick, try making these in the air fryer! They come out perfectly.
Love these, but want to make it a meal? Try our spinach artichoke stuffed peppers! They're one of our favorite dinners ever.
Yields: 2 dozen
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 30 mins
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 c. canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 c. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 tbsp. sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2" rounds
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, artichokes, spinach, sour cream, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on top of each zucchini coin.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melty, 15 minutes. For more color, broil on high, 1 to 2 minutes.
For Air Fryer
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, artichokes, spinach, sour cream, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook zucchini slices in air fryer at 375° for 8 minutes then top each slice with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture.
- Return to air fryer and continue cooking in batches until cheese is deeply golden and zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes more.
Video can be accessed at source link below.