Crispy carrot, sweet potato and haloumi baked rosti
Packed full of vegetables and also wonderfully warming? Win win.
- Olive oil, to brush
- 200g sweet potato, coarsely grated
- 300g desiree potatoes, coarsely grated
- 300g carrots, coarsely grated
- 250g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 1/2 onion, coarsely grated
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream, to serve
Green olive, celery and fennel salad
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel, fronds reserved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (60g) Sicilian olives, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 preserved lemon quarter, chopped
- 1 tsp toasted coriander seeds, ground
Preheat oven to 220°C. Brush skillets with oil.
Place sweet potato, potato, carrot, haloumi, onion, thyme, eggs and flour in a bowl. Season well.
Divide sweet potato mixture among skillets and press firmly together to create a thin pancake. Bake for 35 minutes or until crisp and golden.
4.Meanwhile, toss salad ingredients together, including fennel fronds, and season. Combine sour cream and 2 tbs water in a bowl. Scatter salad over hot rosti and drizzle with sour cream to serve.