An avocado and miso chicken rice bowl to make mid-week dinners a cinch
Packed with protein AND flavour!
Don't know what to eat on the keto diet? Try this easy creamy satay bowl with chicken thigh fillets and zucchini…
This nutritious, delicious and and easy-to-make avocado and miso grilled chicken rice bowl is perfect for mid-week dinner.
Bookmark this deliciously simple miso chicken bowl.
Delcado and Miso Grilled Chicken Rice Bowl
Prep Time: 10 mins and 20 mins marinating
Cook Time: 10 mins
Nutritious and delicious! Image: supplied.Source:BodyAndSoul
- 2 ripe Delcado avocados, cut into wedges, lengthways
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 sheet nori, cut into 4 strips
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 cup podded edamame, blanched
- Baby coriander to serve
1. Preheat BBQ or grill plate over high heat.
2. Combine miso, maple, oil, sesame and ginger together in a bowl. To make miso dressing, remove half of the mixture and combine with the lime juice. Set aside.
3. Add the chicken to bowl with remaining miso mixture and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
4. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
5. Line four bowls with a nori strip and top with brown rice, sliced chicken, cashews, radish, edamame and Delcado wedges. Drizzle with miso dressing and top with baby coriander to serve.